Pipeline Counter (PLC)
The VAKI Pipeline Counter (PLC) is installed in a pipeline from a grading machine or on the end of the pipe into a tank. Most often the PLC is being used for counting fish when being pumped either from a pen to a wellboat when delivering fish for harvesting, or when fish are pumped from one pen to another under grading or splitting of the cages. PLC can also be used at the outlet of a grading machine. The fish are counted as they pass through the counter using infra-red light beams that form a grid inside the scanner. For every fish pumped through the scanner, the grid is broken and an image of the fish is generated. The image is then used to count the fish.
The PLC is also available for Lumpfish.
- Accurate counting.
- Easy to install / set up.
- Gentle on fish – fish in water at all times.
- Can be mounted directly to a grader / de-watering set up or on the end of the pipe from pump.
- Four scanners can be connected to the control unit.
- A robust technology for harsh environment.
3 Different options
- Single channel display unit, powered by 12VDC.
External 110/240V power supply available. IP66 waterproof.
- 4 channel display unit, mains powered. IP66 waterproof.
- PC-based, 4 channel control unit with additional reporting and interfacing capabilities. IP65 waterproof.
Available as Lumpfish PLC
- Fish size: 10g – 11kg.
- Capacity: 30 – 50.000 fish/hr (100g).
- Adaptors: for 110mm, 160mm and 220mm pipes.
- Power supply: 110 – 240V.
- Single channel or 4 channel display.
- Remote servicing, count reports / image file verification with PC version.
Bioscanner, Pico and PLC Counter Comparison Table
|Bioscanner||Pico 2.5"||Pico 4"||Pico 6"||Pipeline Counter|
|Fish Size||3g - 6kg||0,003g - 3g||0,003g - 10g||0,01g - 30g||10g - 10kg|
|Capacity||16.000 fish/hr (50g)||100.000 fish/hr (1g)||160.000 fish/hr (1g)||240.000 fish/hr (1g)||45.000 fish/hr ( 50g)|
|Weight||Control unit 7kg|
Scanner unit 3kg
|45kg||50kg||85kg||Scanner frame 6kg|
35 x 28 x 17cm
25 x 10 x 35cm
|70 x 50 x 130cm||70 x 50 x 130cm||70 x 50 x 130cm||Scanner frame
45 x 45 x 35cm
|Counting width||N/A||110 x 18mm||250 x 41mm||375 x 61mm||260mm|
|AP/ Remote Monitor||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Warranty||Two years||Two years||Two years||Two years||Two years|
An industrial PC can be used to connect up to 4 PLC scanners. The advantages of the PC interface as compared to the normal display unit are numerous.
- The entire counting session can be recorded for verification later on.
- Real-time counting results can be viewed with all android and IOS devices.
- Detailed reports available.
- Bright display, easily read from a distance.
- App for all remote control.
A count report is produced automatically after each count.
Each count report includes the total number of fish counted, total counting time, average counting speed (fish/min).
The thru put graph can be used to identify when peaks /maximum throughput in fish/min, and where (if any) overloads occurred.
What our Customers say
“The Pipeline Counter (PLC) has been very useful for us. Especially in the planning process where it is very important for us to know how many fish are in each cage. The PLC has saved us much time and effort and we are very happy with the easy installation and the opportunity to integrate to other equipment on our site”.
“The use of the counters has allowed us to maximize growth and minimize unnecessary stress by transferring the exact number of fish for harvest and leaving the remaining fish to feed and grow”.
+354 595 3010
Akralind 4, 201 Kópavogur
VAKI is one of MSD Animal Health (MSD) fish and aquaculture company.
MSD is the world’s leading animal intelligence group, providing world-class devices for animal identification and traceability. Our pioneering monitoring solutions deliver smart data products and services for the management and wellbeing of all animals.
© 2022 Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA and its affiliates. All rights reserved.