Pipeline Counters (PLC)
The VAKI Pipeline Counter is installed in a pipeline from a grading machine or on the end of the pipe into a tank. The fish are counted as they pass through the counter using infra-red light, a technology utilized on other VAKI products for over 30 years.
3 Different options
- Single channel display unit, powered by 12VDC.
External 110/240V power supply available. IP66 waterproof.
- 4 channel display unit, mains powered. IP66 waterproof.
- PC-based, 4 channel control unit with additional reporting and interfacing capabilities. IP65 waterproof.
Available as Lumpfish PLC
The fish are counted when sliding through the pipeline, using infra-red light beams. A robust technology for harsh environment.
An industrial PC can be used to connect up to 4 PLC scanners. The advantages of the PC interface as compared to the normal display unit are numerous.
- The entire counting session can be recorded for verification later on.
- Real-time counting results can be viewed with all android and IOS devices.
- Detailed reports available.
- Bright display, easily read from a distance.
- App for all remote control.
The Pipeline Counter (PLC) has been very useful for us. Especially in the planning process where it is very important for us to know how many fish are in each cage. The PLC has saved us much time and effort and we are very happy with the easy installation and the opportunity to integrate to other equipment on our site.
The use of the counters has allowed us to maximize growth and minimize unnecessary stress by transferring the exact number of fish for harvest and leaving the remaining fish to feed and grow.
+354 595 3000
Akralind 4, 201 Kópavogur
VAKI focuses on fish counting and size estimation. The feature all our products have in common is that they offer the user accurate information to facilitate planning and decision making. They also raise the level of automation and contribute towards increased efficiency.
Sign up for our newsletter.