Pipeline Counter (PLC)
The VAKI Pipeline Counter is installed in a pipeline from a grading machine or on the end of the pipe into a tank. The fish are counted as they pass through the counter using infra-red light, a technology utilized on other VAKI products for over 30 years.
- Accurate counting
- Easy to install / set up
- Gentle on fish – fish in water at all times
- Can be mounted directly to a grader / de-watering set up or on the end of the pipe from pump
- Four scanners can be connected to the control unit
3 Different options
- Single channel display unit, powered by 12VDC.
External 110/240V power supply available. IP66 waterproof.
- 4 channel display unit, mains powered. IP66 waterproof.
- PC-based, 4 channel control unit with additional reporting and interfacing capabilities. IP65 waterproof.
Available as Lumpfish PLC
The fish are counted when sliding through the pipeline, using infra-red light beams. A robust technology for harsh environment.
- Fish size: 10g – 11kg.
- Capacity: 30 – 50.000 fish/hr (100g).
- Adaptors: for 110mm, 160mm and 220mm pipes.
- Power supply: 110 – 240V.
- Single channel or 4 channel display.
- Remote servicing, count reports / image file verification with PC version.
Bioscanner, Pico and PLC Counter Comparison Table
|Bioscanner||Pico 2.5"||Pico 4"||Pico 6"||Pipeline Counter|
|Fish Size||3g - 6kg||0,003g - 3g||0,003g - 10g||0,01g - 30g||10g - 10kg|
|Capacity||16.000 fish/hr (50g)||100.000 fish/hr (1g)||160.000 fish/hr (1g)||240.000 fish/hr (1g)||45.000 fish/hr ( 50g)|
|Weight||Control unit 7kg|
Scanner unit 3kg
|45kg||50kg||85kg||Scanner frame 6kg|
35 x 28 x 17cm
25 x 10 x 35cm
|70 x 50 x 130cm||70 x 50 x 130cm||70 x 50 x 130cm||Scanner frame
45 x 45 x 35cm
|Counting width||N/A||110 x 18mm||250 x 41mm||375 x 61mm||260mm|
|AP/ Remote Monitor||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Warranty||Two years||Two years||Two years||Two years||Two years|
An industrial PC can be used to connect up to 4 PLC scanners. The advantages of the PC interface as compared to the normal display unit are numerous.
- The entire counting session can be recorded for verification later on.
- Real-time counting results can be viewed with all android and IOS devices.
- Detailed reports available.
- Bright display, easily read from a distance.
- App for all remote control.
A count report is produced automatically after each count.
Each count report includes the total number of fish counted, total counting time, average counting speed (fish/min).
The thru put graph can be used to identify when peaks /maximum throughput in fish/min, and where (if any) overloads occurred.
What our Customers say
“The Pipeline Counter (PLC) has been very useful for us. Especially in the planning process where it is very important for us to know how many fish are in each cage. The PLC has saved us much time and effort and we are very happy with the easy installation and the opportunity to integrate to other equipment on our site”.
“The use of the counters has allowed us to maximize growth and minimize unnecessary stress by transferring the exact number of fish for harvest and leaving the remaining fish to feed and grow”.
Here you can find all layout drawings for VAKI Equipment.
Click here to view Product Sheets.
Here you can find our latest updated User Manuals.
+354 595 3010
Akralind 4, 201 Kópavogur
VAKI focuses on fish counting and size estimation. The feature all our products have in common is that they offer the user accurate information to facilitate planning and decision making. They also raise the level of automation and contribute towards increased efficiency.