Bioscanner Fish Counter
Fish of all species are counted stress free and remain in water at all times. The Bioscanner is highly accurate and can be utilized with fish from 3g to 6kg. Accurate information on the number and size of farmed fish is very important in modern aquaculture. Biomass data on the fish in tanks and pens makes it possible to monitor production and facilitates management and planning. The Bioscanner has been counting fish worldwide since first introduced in 1984 and is the standard in the automated counting of live fish.
How it works
The two main functions are the V-form and the curve form. As the fish come out of the basin they are close together, and have to be separated to be counted accurately. The V-form ensures that the fish cannot turn around, and also that they are not crowded together. The curved form accelerates the fish down the channel. If two fish are close together in the beginning the one that is little bit ahead will accelerate faster and this causes a separation of the fish.
For correct operation the amount of water must be adjusted to the size of the fish. Better separation of the fish will be achieved if not too much water is used. However, sufficient water must be used to flush the fish smoothly down the channel.
- Accurate information on the number of fish in sea cages, ponds, tanks and raceways
- Exact deliveries of smolt and when harvesting
- Lower manpower costs and higher efficiency
- The number of fish in each size group (when used in conjunction with graders)
- Accurate feeding quantities and proper medical dosages
- Safer ground for insurance assessment
- Accuracy: 99-100%
- Flexibility – fish size from 3g to 6kg
- Up to 60,000 fish per hour @ 3g
- Gentle treatment – fish in water at all times
- Easy to use
- 2-year guarantee
Bioscanner, Pico and Pipeline Counters Comparison Table
|Bioscanner||Pico 2.5"||Pico 4"||Pico 6"||Pipeline Counter|
|Fish Size||3g - 6kg||0,003g - 3g||0,003g - 10g||0,01g - 30g||10g - 10kg|
|Capacity||16.000 fish/hr (50g)||100.000 fish/hr (1g)||160.000 fish/hr (1g)||240.000 fish/hr (1g)||45.000 fish/hr ( 50g)|
|Weight||Control unit 7kg|
Scanner unit 3kg
|45kg||50kg||85kg||Scanner frame 6kg|
35 x 28 x 17cm
25 x 10 x 35cm
|70 x 50 x 130cm||70 x 50 x 130cm||70 x 50 x 130cm||Scanner frame
45 x 45 x 35cm
|Counting width||N/A||110 x 18mm||250 x 41mm||375 x 61mm||260mm|
|AP/ Remote Monitor||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Warranty||Two years||Two years||Two years||Two years||Two years|
UNITS AND SPECIFICATION
The Scanner Unit “sees” the fish as they pass through the V-Channel, counts them and relays data to the Control Unit.
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 10 cm x 35 cm (10″ x 4″ x 14″)
- Weight: 3 kg (7 lbs)
- Connector lead 15 m (45 ft) standard length, multiples of this through end-to-end connection
- Waterproof (IP 67)
Regulates the flow of fish and water and separates the fish, making it possible to count them.
For counting small and medium sized fish, 3g – 750g.
For counting medium sized to big fish, 500g – 6kg.
The Control Unit gathers and displays data from the scanners.
- Multi Display Unit with 4 inputs
– Dimensions: 26 x 16 x 12cm
– Weight: 1kg
– Mains voltage: 220V or 110V, 50/60 Hz as standard or
– Can be connected from 1 to 4 scanner units
– Waterproof (IP 66)
+354 595 3010
Akralind 4, 201 Kópavogur
VAKI AQUACULTURE SYSTEMS LTD.
Tel (+354) 595 3000
VAKI is one of MSD Animal Health (MSD) fish and aquaculture company.
MSD is the world’s leading animal intelligence group, providing world-class devices for animal identification and traceability. Our pioneering monitoring solutions deliver smart data products and services for the management and wellbeing of all animals.
© 2022 Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA and its affiliates. All rights reserved.